I’m Rohit Goswami, better known across the web as
HaoZeke. I’m not the
first of my name, which is why instead of
rgoswami, I occasionally use
rg0swami when I need to be
identified by something closer to my name.
The actual username is a throwback to back when people liked being anonymous (and with multiple personalities) online, so that ought to give an idea of how old I am. A curriculum vitae is available here.
It is difficult to keep this section short and not let it spill into an unstructured memoir. For a while I considered trying to consolidate my online presences but that turned out to be completely impossible without a series of posts and avatars1. I did however eventually set up a sporadically updated collection of web-links involving me. There is also, a separate list of quotes, or other things I have something to say about.
- As of January 2021, I have been awarded a three year doctoral fellowship from the Icelandic Research Fund (Rannís) for my project on “Magnetic interactions of itinerant electrons modeled using Bayesian machine learning” tenable at the Science Institute with Prof. Hannes Jónsson as my supervisor and Prof. Birgir Hrafnkelsson as my co-supervisor
- As of August 2021, I have joined Quansight Labs as a Software Engineer reporting to (Dr. Ralf Gommers –> Dr. Melissa Weber Mendonça)
This is a set of things which are primarily online and/or voluntary in a non-academic sense.
- I maintain within NumPy, mostly parts of
- I serve on the board of the Nordic Research Software Engineers association
- I administer and design a bunch of websites, mostly verified on Keybase
- I am a certified Software Carpentries instructor
- I officially maintain, for the Software Carpentries, the lesson on R (r-novice-inflammation)
- I also maintain some packages on the AUR (ArchLinux User Repository)
- I hone coursework development and teaching with univ.ai
- I maintain(ed) the official LineageOS image for the Xperia Z5 Dual
What follows is a more informal set of places I am or have been associated with or are of significance to me2. Many of these are tangible, but better ordered in this manner.
- I collaborated closely with the brilliant Dr. Ondřej Čertík over the course of both on my GSoD 2020 long project for SymEngine and over GSoC 2021 on the LFortran compiler
- I was a Fellow at the Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics (IPAM) for its Spring 2021 program on “Tensor Methods and Emerging Applications to the Physical and Data Sciences”
- I am associated with the reputed Jonsson group of the Science Institute at the University of Iceland, where I benefit from the guidance of the erudite and inspiring Prof. Hannes Jonsson
- My doctoral committee is here, which includes the very excellent inputs of Dr. Elvar Jonsson
- I have also benefited from sitting in on some formal coursework here, which has been a fascinatingly useful experience
- I retain a close association with the fantastic Femtolab at IIT Kanpur under Prof. Debabrata Goswami, who has provided constant guidance throughout my career
- I am the co-lead developer of the FOSS scientific d-SEAMS software suite for graph theoretic approaches to structure determination of molecular dynamics simulations, along with my exceptional co-lead Amrita Goswami of the CNS Lab under Prof. Jayant K. Singh at IITK
- I worked with the Nair group as part of the Summer Undergraduate in Research Excellence (SURGE) program, also at IITK
- Harcourt Butler Technical Institute (HBTI) Kanpur, or the Harcourt Butler Technological University, as it is now called, was where I trained to be a chemical engineer
- I spent a formative summer under Prof. Rajarshi Chakrabarti of the IIT Bombay Chemistry department, who has been instrumental in developing my interests
- I also spent some time discussing experiments with Prof. Rajdip Bandyopadhyaya of the IIT Bombay Chemical Engineering department during an industrial internship in fragnance compounding at the R&D department of KEVA Ltd. under Dr. Debojit Chakrabarty
- At IISc, I had the good fortune to meet Prof. Hannes Jonsson at a summer workshop on Rare events
- At the BIC, I undertook formal machine learning and artificial intelligence training under Harvard’s Dr. Rahul Dave and Dr. Pavlos Protopapas as part of the univ.ai summer course
- I spent a very fruitful summer on quantum tomography under Prof. Sibashish Ghosh at the Institute for Mathematical Sciences (IMSc Chennai)
I thought it might be of use to list a few of my more official visages. This is mostly to ensure people do not confuse me with a Sasquatch3. These mugshots are exactly that, mugshots for profile icons4.
If you’ve gotten this far, you might also want to check out the following5:
I didn’t think it would be necessary, but just in case it isn’t clear, people listed here are not necessarily all references or anything, this is a personal list of people associated with each city, not a cover letter ↩︎
There won’t ever be any content behind paywalls though ↩︎