I’m Rohit Goswami, better known across the web as
HaoZeke. I’m not the
first of my name, which is why instead of
rgoswami, I occasionally use
rg0swami when I need to be
identified by something closer to my name.
The actual username is a throwback to back when people liked being anonymous (and with multiple personalities) online, so that ought to give an idea of how old I am. A curriculum vitae is available here.
It is difficult to keep this section short and not let it spill into an unstructured memoir. For a while I considered trying to consolidate my online presences but that turned out to be completely impossible without a series of posts and avatars1. I did however eventually set up a sporadically updated collection of web-links involving me.
This is a set of things which are primarily online and/or voluntary in a non-academic sense.
- I administer and design a bunch of websites, mostly verified on Keybase
- I am a certified Software Carpentries instructor
- I officially maintain, for the Software Carpentries, the lesson on R (r-novice-inflammation)
- I also maintain some packages on the AUR (ArchLinux User Repository)
- I hone coursework development and teaching with univ.ai
- I maintain(ed) the official LineageOS image for the Xperia Z5 Dual
What follows is a more informal set of places I am or have been associated with or are of significance to me2.
- I am associated with the reputed Jonsson group of the Science Institute at the University of Iceland, where I benefit from the guidance of the erudite and inspiring Prof. Hannes Jonsson
- My doctoral committee is here, which includes the very excellent inputs of Dr. Elvar Jonsson
- I have also benefited from sitting in on some formal coursework here, which has been a fascinatingly useful experience
- I retain a close association with the fantastic Femtolab at IIT Kanpur under Prof. Debabrata Goswami, who has provided constant guidance throughout my career
- I am the co-lead developer of the FOSS scientific d-SEAMS software suite for graph theoretic approaches to structure determination of molecular dynamics simulations, along with my exceptional co-lead Amrita Goswami of the CNS Lab under Prof. Jayant K. Singh at IITK
- I worked with the Nair group as part of the Summer Undergraduate in Research Excellence (SURGE) program, also at IITK
- Harcourt Butler Technical Institute (HBTI) Kanpur, or the Harcourt Butler Technological University, as it is now called, was where I trained to be a chemical engineer
- I spent a formative summer under Prof. Rajarshi Chakrabarti of the IIT Bombay Chemistry department, who has been instrumental in developing my interests
- I also spent some time discussing experiments with Prof. Rajdip Bandyopadhyaya of the IIT Bombay Chemical Engineering department during an industrial internship in fragnance compounding at the R&D department of KEVA Ltd. under Dr. Debojit Chakrabarty
- At IISc, I had the good fortune to meet Prof. Hannes Jonsson at a summer workshop on Rare events
- At the BIC, I undertook formal machine learning and artificial intelligence training under Harvard’s Dr. Rahul Dave and Dr. Pavlos Protopapas as part of the univ.ai summer course
- I spent a very fruitful summer on quantum tomography under Prof. Sibashish Ghosh at the Institute for Mathematical Sciences (IMSc Chennai)
I thought it might be of use to list a few of my more official visages. This is mostly to ensure people do not confuse me with a Sasquatch3. These mugshots are exactly that, mugshots for profile icons4.
If you’ve gotten this far, you might also want to check out the following5:
I didn’t think it would be necessary, but just in case it isn’t clear, people listed here are not necessarily all references or anything, this is a personal list of people associated with each city, not a cover letter ↩︎
There won’t ever be any content behind paywalls though ↩︎