As a member of several large organizations, I get a lot of github notifications.
Not all of these are of relevance to me. This is especially true of
psuedo-monorepo style repositories like the JOSS review system and
especially the exercism community.
- I recently (re-)joined the exercism community as a maintainer for the C++ lessons after having been a (sporadic) teacher
- This was largely in response to a community call to action as the group needed new blood to usher in v3 of the exercism project
Anyway, I have since found that at the small cost of possibly much of my public repo data, I can manage my notifications better with Octobox
- It appears to be free for now
- It syncs on demand (useful)
- I can search things quite easily
- They have a neat logo
- There appear to be many features I probably won’t use
It looks like this: