Written: 2020-04-14 02:48 +0000
Given the overwhelming number of students, and section leaders, the small groups are for fostering a community of teachers.
- Consider allowing for daisy chaining during introductions
- Discussions are the primary take-away
- Only the instructor should be coding during the session
- Section management
- Check in at the start
- Notice the space
- Check in regularly
- Avoid negative phrases
- Establish norms and the general culture
- Have people introduce themselves
- Mute people when they aren’t talking
- Raise hands
- Try to use icebreakers which respect privacy
Here’s some of the stuff which, being as it was open-sourced, I suppose is OK to put here2.